- Building Department
- Building Permits
Fee Schedule (PDF) - List of Permit, License, and Inspection Fees.
All projects are subject to a permit fee based on the scope of the project.
- Building Permit Application (PDF) - All remodeling plans valued at over $100 will require a building permit. This includes projects such as windows, doors, decks, concrete work, or other general construction. Building permit process
- Contractor’s License Application (PDF) - Any contractor who wants to do business in the Village of River Grove must be licensed by the Village of River Grove. A contractor’s license is valid from May 1st through April 30th of the following year.
- Demolition Permit Application(PDF) - Cook County demolition permit must be obtained before a village permit is issued.
- Dumpster Permit Application (PDF) - There is a $100 fee for placing a dumpster in a village street or right-of-way.
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF) - Any electrical work requires a permit. The value of the work will determine the cost of the permit.
- HVAC-Mechanical Permit Application (PDF) - Any HVAC work requires a permit. The value of the work will determine the cost of the permit.
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF) - Only plumbing permits require a Letter of Intent. The contractor will be required to supply this letter.
- Right-of-Way Permit (PDF) - This permit covers the operation and presence of specified equipment, material, or facility on the right of way, that may be related to the authorized work and is subject to all provisions of the Village of River Grove's code.
- Roofing Permit (PDF) - This permit is required for any roofing that needs to be repaired/replaced on the house, garage, or structure.
- Sign Permit Application (PDF) - Any type of permanent or temporary signage requires this permit. Please view Chapter 13 of the Village Code for additional info.
2621 N Thatcher Avenue
River Grove, IL 60171
Phone: : 708-453-8007Fax: : 708-453-0761
Chuck FredricksonBuilding Commissioner
James DuffyBuilding Administrator/Director
Catherine KardaAssistant Building Administrator
Phil BuffaloBuilding Inspector/Code Enforcement
Betsy ClarkBuilding Administrative Clerk
Kenneth SorengElectrical Inspector
Jim SullivanPlumbing Inspector
Terrence MuellnerHealth Code Enforcement Officer