Planning Commission / Zoning Board of Appeals
2020 Meeting Calendar
Meetings in 2020 are tentatively scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month as follows:
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Meetings start promptly at 7:00 p.m. at:
- Elmer Wolf Community Center
2607 N. Thatcher Avenue
River Grove, IL 60171
Please note that these meetings will only be held if needed.
- Stuart Bruce
- Mario Novelli
- Joseph Kosik
- Lind Snyder
- Craig Matz
- Donald McElhattan
- George Obrzut
Purpose / Goal
The Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals meet as needed to consider proposals that require special use permits, variations, or any other activities that involve land development.
The Planning Commission
The Planning Commission is responsible for preparing and recommending an Official Plan of River Grove to the Board of Trustees. This plan, also known as the Comprehensive Plan, consists of public improvements looking to the present and future development of the village.
Planning Commission member responsibilities include:
- Preparing and recommending changes in the plan as long as these changes do not affect the general principles of the plan adopted.
- Preparing and recommending plans for specific improvements
- To assist village officials charged with the direction of projects for improvements embraced within the plan
- To further the making of such improvements
- To generally promote the realization of the plan
The Zoning Board of Appeals
This panel consists of seven members appointed to five-year terms by the Village President and approved by the Village Board.
Zoning Board member responsibilities include:
- Hearing and making recommendations to the village board on applications for text or map amendments, variations, special uses and planned unit developments
- Hear and make final decisions on appeals of zoning decisions made by the planning and zoning administrator and building commissioner
- Assists in the development, review and amendment of the Official Plan and zoning ordinance of the village, as requested by the village board.